Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Habitat

I thought I might share a couple of pictures of my craft room before actually sharing anything that results from said room.  I think that is kind of in reverse, but I love these pictures...because the room is clean.  Aah, sweet memories...


Fuzzy overview...with blinding light in upper right...




See my awesome light box...my sister, Jocelyn, gave it to me...she worked at a dentist office a long time ago and this was what he (the dentist) viewed x-rays on...somewhere out there, your teeth might have been on my light box.

My sewing desk...which hasn't seen much action lately... aside from drying canvases...soon little desk, soon...
Hooray for paying bills on time...thanks to the dry erase board...and the vacuum, the one thing in this room I will never use...
Paper crafting desk.  Look how organized you were...  I like hanging stuff on the wall, easy access, I remember where it is, and it covers some of the hideous paneling 
Corner computer desk...where a lot of time is spent (or wasted on Pinterest)... the cat steals my chair and sleeps...we won't talk about how many times she has almost been squashed by my booty (before I learned to always look before I sit).
The other part of the computer desk.  It is amazing the things people will throw away.  I got all three of the desks in this room for free!  Can you believe that someone was going to throw this humongous and awesome desk in the trash?  Aside from some tape stuck to it and a couple scratches on the top of it, it is perfect!
And for posterity, this picture...so now you have the full 360 of my craft room.  Thank goodness for the blinding light in the upper right again...it saves you from the horror that is my living room!
Originally, when I set up my craft room, I thought it would be cool to have different zones for doing things...which is a good idea, but does not work for me at all.  My brain is a multitasking freak, and I have to be able to either talk to someone (which only happens when one of my sisters come over) or roam around the internet while crafting.  So how I really operate is to sit at the computer desk and only move for the sake of sewing or using the light box...and the occasional bathroom break.

Additionally, this poor room has never been this clean since I took these pictures forever ago.  I work full time and have to grab craft time when I can, so I leave whatever projects I am working on strewn about it a state of (semi-organized) chaos.  I don't have anybody wondering around poking at things, or trying to eat polymer clay or anything, so it works well for me.

In the near future, I am hoping to get to diy-ing and redo the craft room again.  These pictures were taken about a year ago, (the room still looks like this...minus the clean...) and I have figured out some things that work for me and some that don't.  I would love to get rid of...or really because of lack of fundage, cover over/alter...the wood panel.  It is so oogly!

So that was my craft room.  Soon, I will share some things that came out of my craft room...aka the reason the clean is gone.

~Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment