Tuesday, May 1, 2012

In the works


Last night I started a little project with some beads I got while visiting my sister Jocelyn.

Everything except for the leaf beads came from my trip to Jocelyn's house in Ohio. 
I don't have a large amount of experience in jewelry making, but it's fun to try new things.  I think the best thing about the internet is the ability to find out how to do just about anything.  And good old trial-and-error is never a bad thing!

I am kinda ridiculously proud of this picture...it looks all professional and beyond my photo-taking  abilities!
I really think it is not a bad attempt, but there needs to be something added to it...

The coloring in this photo is a little off.  I had to do the professional thing and take this picture in the bathroom mirror.  The lighting in there is terrible for this kind of thing.  I am really going to have to figure out the timer on my camera!
It looks kind of blank on the bottom...I must think of something to add there.  Jocelyn says I should take off the leaves and make this have an ocean theme with some kind of shells possibly, but I don't know...  The colors work well together for me, and  I don't have a huge stash to search around in.  Considering the amount of other craft stuff I have, my jewelry-making supply could be described as minuscule!

Not a great picture, but pretty accurate colors...if I could get it all together in one photo, I would have major photographer skills!
I guess I just need to ruminate concerning what to add in the middle...any thoughts?

Let me know what you think if you would like.  Any suggestions or comments in general are welcome!

Thanks in advance, 

~Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment