Sunday, May 13, 2012

10 Random Thoughts

After a brain shattering weekend, where many margaritas of sadness were consumed, I need to air out my 
mind.  So here is some random fluff. 
Even looking at this can gives me the willies.

1.  I hate sauerkraut.  Even the smell of it makes me gag.  Everyone else in my family LOVES it.  My mother is German, and when I was a kid she would make tons of it and can it.  The house smelled like sauerkraut for weeks afterward.  I was nauseated the entire time.  I hold to the fact that if it came down to it, and I was starving, I would eat maggots before I ate sour kraut.  This is not an overreaction.  I am 100% serious.
milk carton and straw
Take the straw out, you will never win that way.

2.  I have never lost a drink chugging contest in my life.  You know, when you were a kid and you had the contest to see who could down the contents of a milk carton the fastest.  I never lost.  NEVER!!!  I think this is why no one ever lets me have a sip of something they are drinking.  My sip = half the glass gone.  
It was the red one.  And red was the best flavor too.

3. I have literally squirted something out of my nose while laughing.  It was a red Little Hug (the little barrels of juice).  It was in second grade, and no one at my table ate lunch that day...because there was red little hug everywhere.  



4. My favorite color is green.  I read somewhere recently that if you are a Taurus (as I am, May 19), green is supposed to be your lucky color.  I wonder if that's why the May birthstone is green?  Hmm...conspiracy!  I just like green. 

Either way, I was tired of being the crazy person...

5. When I first got a blue tooth headset, I was really excited.  Not because of hands-free talking, but because I could finally sing in the car without having people think I was a crazy person.  

This was literally me.  It has become a problem for which I fear I need therapy at this point.
6.  Pinterest is the best website ever.  I am not a facebook/twitter/whatever else person.  I do love me some pinterest though.  Sometimes I see things other people pin and wonder if we would be best friends in real life, on the basis of their pins alone.  It also makes me wish every website would have a 'scroll to top' button...it's so convenient!

This proves difficult, as I have never played any lottery ever.
7. Half of me believes that if I ever won the lottery, I would buy a giant house, fill said house with only craft related things, and become a recluse, crafting the day away.  The only person to see me being the UPS guy, delivering things from amazon.  The other half of me would get a ridiculous amount of plastic surgery, the well done kind, not the creepy kind, to the point where no one I know would recognize me (and I would be freaking HOT).  This half of me would then torture anyone who had ever rejected me, (with unattainable hotness, not bamboo skewers under the fingernails) and travel all the time.  Now if I could only win the lottery...

Although this is funny...
8. Of all the rational things a person could be afraid of (snakes, spiders, heights, murderers), my biggest fear is space aliens.  I mean, I don't think they're real or anything!  But seriously, show me a stupid picture of an alien, and I am leave-the-light-on freaked out.  I can't even listen to the 'Unsolved Mysteries' or 'X Files' theme songs without getting the creeps.  Totally irrational I know, but 110% true.

Hehe!
9. I do not have a huge problem with grammatical errors personally (mostly because I am the one who will consistently make them), but when I hear someone say "and also", I want to smack them.  I don't think this is really a grammatical error, but it is redundant.  You can just say one or the other.  You can have his and hers.  You can have one of these, also one of those.  But if you say you want one this and also that, you will get NOTHING from me!

Sadly, this is not me...I wish I was this adorable.
10.  My hair (at least the bottom half) is currently blue.  Pretty much the blue in the picture above.  This is because my sister Teddy is having a BOY!  And the blue hair was the way she revealed it to my family.  As she could not bleach her hair, and she is a COWARD in general anyway, she asked if I would do mine, and I agreed without a second thought.  I did mine half-way, because it is annoyingly long at this moment, and I thought I would have to get two bleach kits and two bottles of dye (which I was right about by the way), and since I am on a shoestring at the moment, I figured I would go all ombre on my hair.  Additionally, I need a haircut like nobody's business, and I figure this way, I won't have to dye it back normal colored, I will just do a hack and slash on it instead.

So, those are my 10 Random Thoughts today.  Do you have any random thoughts? If so, I would love it if you would leave me a comment about whatever random thing you choose!

~Sully


No comments:

Post a Comment